The ACT Government Gazette is published each Thursday. The sections included in the publication are:
- General Information;
- Government Notices*
- Private Notices
*Government Legal Notices, which were included in the Gazette prior to 12 September 2001, are now notified on the ACT Legislation Register at www.legislation.act.gov.au (see the note below). These notices will now only appear in the Gazette if the Register is unavailable.
The following sections, which were previously included in the Gazette, are now notified on the Buyers and Sellers Information Service (BASIS) web site at www.basis.act.gov.au
- Purchasing and Disposals;
- Invitations to Tender, Quote or Register Interest;
- Contracts arranged.
Special Gazettes are also published as required.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The ACTPS Gazette is changingFrom 2 September 2010, all ACTPS employment notices will be located at the ACT Jobs website (www.jobs.act.gov.au).
- No more waiting until Thursday: Vacancies will be going live all the time.
Once Shared Services has received the complete request to advertise form, the vacancy will be advertised on www.jobs.act.gov.au within three days.
- From the Jobs Website you will be able to view permanent and long-term temporary vacancies. You will also be able to see all outcomes (such as appointments, promotions, transfers and termination notices) in the archived gazette.
- Archived Gazettes from 2 September 2010 onwards will be available from www.jobs.act.gov.au/archivedgazettes
- Archived Gazettes prior to that date and any gazettes not related to employment matters will still be available from http://www.gazettes.act.gov.au/
- RSS Feeds: To make sure you never miss an employment opportunity, the ACT Jobs Website provides a number of RSS feeds that you can subscribe to, including:
- The RSS feed is always up-to-date and can be subscribed to using Outlook or Explorer.
RSS feeds can also be added to Agency Intranets.
What’s Happening to the Old Gazette.
Special and non-Employment related Gazettes will still be available from www.gazettes.act.gov.au.
- From 2 September 2010 onwards, the gazette located at http://www.gazettes.act.gov.au will no longer contain any employment related notices.
- The Staff Bulletin (a copy of the employment components of the ACT Government Gazette) will no longer be published.
If you have any questions or queries about these changes, please send an email to SharedServicesRecruitment@act.gov.au
How do I get an RSS reader?
To subscribe to a Web feed you will need an RSS reader. There is a range of different news readers available and new versions are appearing all the time. Different RSS readers work on different operating systems, so you will need to choose one that will work with your computer.
Once you have chosen your RSS reader you can select a Web feed in a couple of different ways, including:
- Drag the URL of the news feed into your news reader
- Cut and paste the URL of the news feed into your news reader
If Internet Explorer 7 is your prefered browser, it automatically detects news feeds. When a news feed is present you should see an RSS feed button highlighted in your toolbar.
IMPORTANT NOTICE : ACT legislation register
The ACT legislation register provides access to Acts, subordinate laws, disallowable instruments, notifiable instruments, commencement notices and approved forms. It is freely accessible at www.legislation.act.gov.au.
Click here for more information about the legislation register. (86Kb pdf file)